SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Versium is looking to add another great Data Scientist to the team.
Today, Versium is focused on predictive analytics for sales and marketing, shipping our flagship product Versium Predict with Microsoft Dynamics 365. For us this is just a start. Our analytics platform sits on top of our proprietary Life Data repository where we house consumer and b2b data that will power any number of go-to-market scenarios.
Versium is a small company with focused and goal oriented developers, data scientists and engineers. We see limitless opportunities ahead. Our only limitation is the ability to hire insanely great people. Your work will be hands on and you’ll be able to make a difference for our customers and in the growth of our vibrant startup. Are you ready to take the leap?
Reasons for you to work here:
- You will work on complex machine learning problems and big real life data sets: You solve real problems for our large enterprise customers.
- Your work will have a significant and visible impact on our fast growing business: You see how your work directly translates into revenue.
- You will have a high level of R&D type of freedom to play and solve problems: Develop your toolkit and invest in cutting edge technologies to continue our innovation.
- You will be able to closely collaborate with our technology leaders who are among the leading visionaries in the industry.
- Your career potential is limited only by your own desire: Be the best you can be whether you want to build and lead a team or grow deeper into technology – or both!
- You will a member of a super smart, fun and laid back startup team and amazing culture: Start-up journey is cool, you are creating something significant in the world.
- We are well on our way to a big success.
- Understand the business problem, identify the key challenges, formulate the machine learning problem and provide/prototype solutions.
- Develop, validate, and maintain data mining tools, algorithms, and other capabilities to solve problems.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other data team members to formulate innovative solutions to experiment with and implement advanced modeling techniques.
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Guide and mentor Jr. Data Scientist in best practices regarding methodology (prototype formulation and hypothesis testing), as well as implementation.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product management and software development team members to ensure that solutions meet business needs, permit valid inferences, and have functional feasibility.
- Be able to debug and correct your data assumption through AB testing.
- Document the technical details of your work.
- Analyze data covering a wide range of information from customer profile to transaction history.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in C.S., Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in developing machine learning models and deployment.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience working with real data (data cleaning, data visualization, data modeling and metrics).
- Hands-on doer and coder driving for results in addition to strong statistical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills.
- Strong skills in Linux/freeBSD required.
- Strong programming skills in Python required.
- Solid skills with Python libraries such as scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, etc.
- PHP, MySQL, Apache, GNU textutils / coreutils / parallel a plus.
- Knowledge with R, SPSS, MATLAB beneficial.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate new ideas and innovate.
- Strong data analytic research record.
- Have experience in managing a R&D project.
- Background in MarTech or AdTech (or marketing and advertising) beneficial but not required.