Software Development Engineer – Data
Are you thrilled about big data and open source technologies? Do you live and breathe star schemas and ETL? We are looking for a smart and driven individual to join our team as a Software Development Engineer – Data. This position will work closely with Engineering and Product team members and be responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse, including development of ETL processes, dimensional design of the table structure for performance and database administration. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on expert with strong analytical background and proven quantitative skills to help improve business process and initiatives. You are obsessive with data quality and ensure that data pipelines are perfectly tested and monitored. You’re continually driving to evolve data models and data flows to help bridge the gap between technology and analysis.
- Analyze functional requirements and translate them into data flows and ETL mapping documents.
- Design and develop ETL procedures and tools.
- Review of reporting requirements and mapping to analytic structures.
- Define and promote design principles and best practices for data warehousing architecture and techniques.
- Design and support the database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse.
- Process regular data builds and extractions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the data warehouse servers.
- Establish documentation of reports and data definitions.
- Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in big data stack and share across teams.
- Working closely with other teams and disciplines to come up with simple, elegant solutions that balance everyone’s needs.
- Strong shell scripting experience (Bash, Perl, awk, shell/GNU text processing shell utilities).
- Fundamental systems knowledge of Linux/FreeBSD including disk and CPU monitoring/performance.
- Lightweight PHP; C/C++ or Java a bonus.
- Strong ETL, text processing, text mapping, translation and mapping, reformatting at scale.
- Solid understanding of geographical boundaries.
- AdTech/MarTech experience a plus.
- Must be comfortable working with large files and parallelism. (billions of records)
- Strong regular expressions.
- Solid ability to write understandable, maintainable, and reusable code.
- Fantastic skills automating processes via scripts/lightweight coding; understanding of Cron.
- Web crawl/extraction experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete responsibilities effectively and efficiently with minimal direction.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to fully support the development process, and ensure that deliverables are met according to specifications and within established timelines.
- Positive attitude and openness to change and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.
Email Resume/Linkedin to: email@example.com
Versium delivers automated predictive analytics solutions (Predictive Scores), which provide actionable data intelligence faster, more accurately and at a fraction of the cost of alternative predictive marketing solutions. Versium’s solutions leverage the company’s extensive LifeData® warehouse, which contains more than 1 trillion consumer and business data attributes. LifeData® contains both online and offline behavioral data including social-graphic details, real-time event-based data, purchase interests, financial information, activities & skills, and demographics. These attributes are matched to an enterprise’s internal data, and used in machine learning models to improve customer acquisition, retention and cross sell and upsell marketing activities.
Come join a team of successful serial entrepreneurs and work on the next big thing. We’re located in Redmond, WA in Redmond Town Center with beautiful bike trails, great food and retail nearby. Find out more about us at www.versium.com