How to Succeed at Hubspot INBOUND 2019
Are you ready to take Boston by storm for Hubspot's annual gathering of marketers? We're all trying to navigate the shifting marketing technology landscape while continuing to provide a great experience for our customers. It’s never been a more exciting - or challenging - time to be a marketer, and Hubspot INBOUND is where the best in the business will be, discovering the latest technology innovations and absorbing marketing inspiration to take back home.
It’s a whirlwind of information, packed into just 4 days, with over 25,000 attendees. The savvy marketer has to put some thought into how to get the most out of the conference. There is so much to do and see - that’s why we’ve put together these tips on how to do the conference like a pro. See you in Boston!
- Plan ahead. Don’t wait until you arrive to check out the agenda. Use the website to review the sessions and speakers, flag your interests, and reserve some key sessions and workshops. Some workshops fill up fast - register early for the ones you really want. If you didn’t get in to all of them, be patient. Sign up for something else, but don’t be afraid to check in again closer to the session and see if there is room.
- Go solo occasionally. Chances are, you’re traveling with some other folks from your marketing team. Trade shows are a great team bonding experience, but make sure you break off and meet some other attendees. You’re there to bring as much marketing genius as you can back to the office - sharing ideas with marketers from other businesses and industries will give you a wealth of new ideas and will give you some good recommendations for new technologies and strategies.
- Use social media to connect. Conference attendees will be using the #INBOUND19 hashtag to share photos, insights and tips about the conference. Follow along! Connect with presenters and workshop attendees by following them on Twitter and make LinkedIn connections with any you make a meaningful connection with. Traveling alone to the conference? Use the #InboundSolo hashtag to meet up with other solo travelers.
- Don’t get too swayed by star power. This was a tip shared by Joe Hafner, the leader of the Seattle Hubspot User Group. “It’s tempting to go to all the celebrity sessions - the Chip and Joanna Gaines events. But you can connect really closely with the presenters of small workshops,” he says. “Some of the best conversations that I’ve had have been with presenters over social media and I’ve developed long term relationships with them.”
- Get out in Boston! There isn’t much time to explore all of Boston during the conference (try to add a day on to your trip!) but you have to see something outside the Convention Center walls. Take a walk from the Convention Center for a lobster roll at James Hook and Co. or check out the Public Gardens with their famous Swan Boats. If you want to see a bit of history, the Boston Tea Party Museum is a short walk from the venue.
- Pace yourself. Remember it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Don’t burn yourself out on the first two days and miss some great sessions in the final days. By day three, lots of folks are tired and attendance can wane. Make sure you leave enough time to sleep and eat, so you don’t miss those sessions that piqued your interest before you came.
- Come visit Versium at Club Inbound. Come get some delicious treats and a demo of Versium REACH, the one tool you need to create audiences that enable true omni-channel marketing! This is why you came right? To find out how you can supercharge your B2B marketing efforts and greatly improve the results of your digital marketing campaigns. (We’re also giving out some great swag and an awesome prize to three lucky winners who sign up to try Versium REACH for free!) You seriously have nothing to lose, besides marketing time and budgets...) Come back from Hubspot INBOUND a HERO, with Versium REACH.
Oh, and spoiler: we'll be making a special announcement at INBOUND, so don't miss out!