So you’ve built a great audience...
it has met some basic targeting parameters or has been built based on another high-performing audience. Or maybe it’s a list that has been self-selected in, by signing up for your newsletter or interacting with your brand at an event or online. Great news, right? Start sending your marketing campaigns and let the revenue pour in.
Not so fast...what do you really know about your audience? Are you sending them the right content? Are you sending it to the right channels? Here is where audience insights will make the difference between successful marketing efforts and simply wasting precious marketing budgets.
Data by itself isn’t much help.
Unless you’re a data scientist, with nothing else to do but sift through mountains of numbers and bits of information, this raw data can be a mystery. What IS useful are the insights that that data can provide - if you can get it.
Versium REACH offers visual data insights that let you quickly understand your audience so you can tailor content and campaigns. Think of these insights as a translator, letting you communicate with an audience in their language and customs. Here are some quick examples of easy to read insights that can help you learn about your audience in minutes:
- Age. The most basic of demographic data but key. Are you going to try to appeal to Millenials or Boomers? Is your content using the language or visuals of those who are worried about student debt or those wondering about retirement living? Find out before you launch that next campaign.
- Gender. Another basic. If you’re marketing to a group that is predominantly women, you should be sending content that resonates with them. Women and men have distinct buying patterns and preferences - and targeting by gender is an easy win.
- Industry breakdown. You need to know where your audience works. People in financial services are going to have different issues and challenges than people in healthcare, and they are going to be active on different social channels and websites.
- Job titles. CEOs are a different breed than project managers. Create your content appropriately. Enough said.
- Social media usage. Time to find where the cool kids are...are they hanging out on LinkedIn? Facebook? Twitter? With a quick snapshot, you can see where to direct your paid social budget.
- Company revenue & company sIze. Are your prime targets small to medium size businesses or enterprise companies? Both have different pain points and you’ll want to make sure your content is hitting the mark.
In marketing, as in life, time and money are in short supply. Marketers don’t have time to become data scientists and they don’t have bottomless budgets that can afford lackluster campaigns. With Versium REACH, you can quickly get the insights about the audience you need to create targeted content for, that will resonate. Versium REACH’s audience insights is a marketer’s must-have tool for success.
For a free trial of Versium REACH, sign up here.